7.31.2004

Sudbury

I was late getting out of Montreal; I slept in, I got lost in the city. Apparently the concept that ‘major roads should lead to the highway’ is foreign to the Quebecois. In any case, as I was trying to make up time to get to Sudbury to pick up my parents from the airport, I got busted by the OPP. Since I was trying to catch up to the Winnebagos in front of me before we hit the oncoming passing lane, I was going… fast. Like 143 in a 90 fast.

The ticket was only $157 (got busted down; thank God I’m white!). I probably could’ve gotten it reduced if I’d paid it in person, but $157 is a reasonable price to pay to stay the fuck out of North Bay.

The Camp (which is what we call our family’s cottage) is nice, as ever. Restful. There’s nothing better than going for a swim at night, when the lake is like glass, and the Milky Way is there in duplicate, one version slightly rippled. Got a lot of reading done, too; all my insanely geeky sci-fi novels in the safety of the family compound, saving the more ‘literate’ novels for when I’m with friends. Shallow, I know, but I guess I’m just a superficial man. In any event, it was perfectly restful.

Oh, except for that tick that bit me on the eyelid. Yeah, ew. The fucking eyelid. Of all the places to potentially get infected with Lyme Disease, it’s there. I thought, initially, it was a glob of mascara, but then realized I hadn’t worn mascara since that one night in Tijuana. Picked it off, but apparently gave myself an ingrown hair on my lower eyelid. Ew ew ew ew ew. God, biology disgusts me sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home